IV Nutrient Therapy Glossary
Amino acids help the body break down food for energy and repair body tissue. They are the building blocks for proteins and essential amino acids cannot be made by the body.
Recommended for: overall health and wellness, after an intense workout for muscle recovery
B-Complex formulas generally include 8 different B-Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12. They work together synergistically to increase energy, enhance mood, stimulate the immune system, keep nerve function healthy and help your skin, hair, and nails look fabulous.
- B1 (Thiamine) Helps the body generate energy from nutrients and is necessary for the growth, development, and function of cells. Significantly depleted when heavy drinking occurs.
- B2 (Riboflavin) – Plays a major role in energy production, cellular function, and metabolism of fats and drugs.
- B3 (Niacin) – All tissues in the body convert niacin into its main metabolically active form, coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). Niacin has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels, act as an anti-inflammatory, and help with proper brain function.
- B5 (Pantothenic Acid) – Helps the body convert food into energy, assists in making red blood cells for oxygen transportation throughout the body, and plays a role in the production of sex and stress-related hormones in the adrenal glands.
- B6 (Pyridoxine) – Is involved in more than 100 enzymatic reactions that are mostly concerned with protein metabolism. Plays an important role in mood regulation, production of hemoglobin and brain development during pregnancy and infancy.
- B7 (Biotin) – Supports better skin and stronger hair and nails. Is an essential vitamin used to convert carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy.
Recommended for: increased energy and focus, reduction of fatigue, healthy nerve function, heavy drinkers, metabolism support
B12 (Methylcobalamin) is an essential precursor for the production of ATP, the body’s energy supply. It is required for proper red blood cell formation, neurological function, cell metabolism and DNA synthesis.
Recommended for: people feeling fatigued, overworked, and run down, those who consume very little to no meat
CoQ10 is antioxidant naturally produced in your body; levels decline with age. It is known best for its heart healthy properties, ability to increase energy, and help with muscle recovery.
Recommended for: Individuals who are taking a statin (these Rx meds have shown to lower CoQ10 levels), people looking for long standing energy, and maintain a heart healthy lifestyle.
Vitamin C decreases duration and severity of cold symptoms, increases immunity, helps produce collagen for healthy skin, and aids in removing free radicals from the body through its antioxidant properties. Also known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Recommended for: overall health and wellness, cold and flu season, onset of illness
Vitamin D maintains strong bones by helping the body absorb calcium from food and supplements. Vitamin D also boosts the immune system, and helps with regulating mood and warding off depression.
Recommended for: cold and flu season, living in areas with little sunshine, help with depression and seasonal affective disorder
The body’s “master antioxidant” powers your natural detoxification system, removing chemicals, heavy metals, and toxins. It is also an anti-inflammatory and known as the “beauty” antioxidant due to its ability to reveal glowing skin and enhance overall complexion.
Recommended for: healthy skin, hair and nails, full body detox specifically targeting the liver, inflammation and immune boosting
L-Carnitine is an essential amino acid that helps turn fat into energy and supports sexual vitality due to it’s vasodilating effects. This essential amino acid is also known to increase metabolism and decrease muscle fatigue.
Recommended for: reducing fatigue, supporting weight loss, increasing libido
Lysine is widely known for its ability to help prevent HSV-1 from replicating, decreasing the duration of cold sores. Helps to reduce feelings of anxiety by reducing the stress hormone, cortisol. It is an essential amino acid that must be obtained through external resources and plays an important role in the formation of collagen.
Recommended for: viral defense, or to combat feelings of stress and anxiety.
Mineral Trace Elements
Mineral Trace Elements are involved in the formation of bones and teeth. They are essential components for enzymatic reactions, as well as, helping with normal nerve function.
Recommended for: overall health and wellness
One of the most abundant molecules in the body, NAD protects cell DNA and keeps mitochondria healthy. It increases energy levels, keeping cells reproducing effectively. Also a major anti-aging nutrient, NAD boosts mental clarity, plays a role in restoring neurofunction, and assists with alcohol and drug addiction.
Recommended for: feeling sluggish, “brain fog,” anxiety/depression, youthfulness, fighting addiction.
Magnesium is a potent vasodilator, used often for migraine treatment and muscle recovering. It assists in regulating muscle and nerve function, as well as, helping with anxiety.
Recommended for: regulating mood, increasing sleep quality, decreasing anxiety decreasing intensity and frequency of migraines + headaches
Also known as, Methionine, Inositol, and Choline.
- Methionine Methionine helps the liver maintain the optimal ability to process fatty acids.
- Inositol is a sugar-like molecule, referred to as a sugar alcohol. Inositol has been found to decrease the production of triglycerides, the fat molecules that reside in adipose tissue (body fat), by decreasing fatty acid synthase activity.
- Choline is a simple molecule usually classified as a B vitamin. Involved in the generation of energy and support of metabolism.
Recommended for: weight loss, at reduction, increased energy
Taurine helps to improve the function of cardiac, nervous and musculoskeletal tissue. It also plays a role in boosting energy levels and enhancing athletic performance.
Recommended for: increasing energy, improving athletic performance, seeking a heart healthy lifestyle
Zinc helps build a healthy immune system and is involved in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism. It plays a role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, and cell division.
Recommended for: boosting immune system, exposure to the public, onset of an illness